Saturday, January 3, 2015

Acupuncture

     I've been going to an acupuncturist for a few months now for the tendinitis in my arms. The perk with acupuncture is they work on the whole body. Diagnosing your ailments through feeling different pulses in your body and judging the appearance of your tongue, the acupuncturist places his needles according to the ailments he/she sees, in addition to whatever complaint you came in for.

     What my acupuncturist saw, and what I already knew, was that I had depression along with my tendinitis.
As far as I understand (I am not a medical professional), Chinese medicine believes the liver, if stagnant or diseased, is responsible for anger and depression. So he noticed, just by looking at my tongue, that my liver was having some issues, which blew me away. He didn't know I'd had my gallbladder removed (putting strain on my liver), or that I just recently had a liver condition during my last pregnancy which threatened the life of my baby.
     He then gave me herbs to take, and if you research some reviews of these herbs online, you will see that women especially have found them to be helpful with depression, mood swings, anger; things related to the monthly cycle etc. Men can take them too.

     The Chinese name for these herbs is Xiao Yao Wan, also called Free and Easy Wanderer.


These are the ones I take. They're worth a try if you're having difficulty with depression or moods. They're extremely inexpensive, especially when compared to the cost of prescription anti-depressants or acupuncture on a regular basis.


As always, just a thought :-)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment